It is always difficult to pick a pair of shoes that suites you, with such a wide variety of brands and models available. It depends upon your foot structure primarily and there are websites that will help you in deciding what to choose. I got a basic Adidas Shore running shoe when I started running, and I am now considering getting another one, in time for my first event.
Here is the list of some shoes I considered.
- Asics Kayano XI ($130) – Stability Plus
- Asics GT 2100 ($85) – Stability
- New Balance 990, 991 ($105) – Stability Plus
- New Balance 1023 ($90) – Neutral Plus
- New Balance 766 ($80) – Stability
- Adidas Supernova Control ($75-90) – Stability
- Adidas Supernova Cushion ($65-85)
- Adidas AdiStar Cushion ($90-110) Adidas
- AdiStar Control ($95-$120)
- Adidas Response ($80)
And based on these, I have narrowed down to one of the following three for me:
- ASICS® GT-2100
- New Balance® 766
- Adidas® Supernova Control
I guess I will be bying the New Balance 766. It has also won the Road Runners magazine Editor’s Choice Award for 2005.