DNA reports the following interesting statistics on the upcoming run:
- 30,000 entries so far — an increase of 2,500 over last year.
- 14,000 participants for Dream Run (closed registration)
- The entries for the Half Marathon (7,000) are also almost taken
- Full Marathon has also found many takers
The “many” part in above was what I found most interesting. How does this compare with the last run’s (2006) numbers – check it out right here.
Some more interesting news:
- There’s going to be a movie named “Mumbai Marathon” going to be released this January. The movie features Sammir Dattani as a marathon runner.
- SIFY will be doing live streaming of the Mumbai Marathon on their website