I did a poll recently on our running group Delhi Runners about the favorite running routes of the members. This was done with the intent of deciding the prospective locations to hold the monthly Delhi Runners Half Marathon runs, the first of which happened recently in Nehru Park, Chanakyapuri. In this post, let me share the results of that poll, and what the members have as their favorite routes in Delhi NCR.
Here’s a look at the results which I collected and represented visually using Google maps.
View Delhi NCR Running Routes in a larger map
See below on the number of votes received for each of the above routes, i.e. number of folks which consider this route as their favorite.
- Nehru Park – 9 votes
- Lodi Gardens – 7 votes
- Deer Park – 4 votes
- India Gate – 3 votes
- Jahanpanah City Forest – 3 votes
- Japanese Park, Rohini – 3 votes
- Leisure Valley, Gurgaon – 3 votes
- Delhi University – 1 votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru University – 1 votes
- Khan Market – 1 votes
- Jor bagh, Lodi Colony – 1 votes
- Sector-93, Noida – 1 votes
- Central Ridge Reserve Forest – 1 votes
- Sanjay Lake Park – 1 votes
- Greater Noida – 1 votes
- Raj Ghat – 1 votes
- District Park, Pitampura – 1 votes
- Shalimar Bagh – 1 votes
- Asola Wildlife Sanctuary – 1 votes
- Gautam Buddha Park, Noida – 1 votes
So, whats your favorite running route in Delhi NCR? Any particular route which comes to your mind, and which I might have missed. Do you think any route in this list deserves a higher spot in the list and any particular features of that route which make it great which you would like to mention?