Just 5 days to go for the 2010 Comrades Marathon. Team India for the first time ever is well represented with as many as 9 runners running under the Team India banner (one of them though is from Canada). Here is the entire list of Indian Runners (i.e. runner’s who have registered with their “Club” being mentioned as India, in contrast to Indian runners who are either non-residents or have nationalities of other countries). Race# – Name.
- 58806 Daniel Carroll (Mumbai)
- 29384 Satheesha Gujaran (Mumbai)
- 21264 Tanvir Kazmi (Delhi NCR)
- 29387 Shahid Mansoor (Chennai)
- 38537 Nagesh Rao (Canada)
- 38875 Dalal Sanjay (Mumbai)
- 21548 Amit Sheth (Mumbai)
- 33374 Neepa Sheth (Mumbai)
- 29408 Rahul Verghese (Delhi NCR)
Come race day on May 30th, you can follow all the above runners live on www.comrades.com using the Track Your Runner service on the website, which will track the progress of runners as they cross the 5 designated checkpoints on the route. There will also be live streaming from the finish line all along (download Microsoft Silverlight to use that). The cutoff points and timings are as follows:
- Cato Ridge (30K) 5:10:00 (Durban time 10h40)
- Drummon Halfway (45K) 6:10:00 (11h40)
- Winston Park (57K) 8:30:00 (14h00)
- St. Johns Avenue (70K) 10:00:00 (15h30)
- 45th Cutting (83K) 11:20:00 (16h50)
Of course, the race has to be completed within the overall cutoff time of 12:00 hours at the finish line!
The race will start at 5:30 am local time and finish 5:30 pm. So, in India, that corresponds to a start time of 9:00 am and finish 9:00 pm (3 and a 1/2 hours time difference).
Check out the Facebook group of Indian Runners running the Comrades Marathon 2010 to know more about these runners.